To keep your dry suit dry , pls use the dey suits properly and allows dont water to leak inside. If you don’t have any sewing experience, replacing a zipper on a dry suit can be a very costly procedure.
Before you attempt to have the zipper replaced, you can try a few products to repair the zipper by removing unwanted dirt and salt particles. For multi-purpose dive suits, you can also apply a zipper lubricant to ensure the zipper moves as it should.
1. Purchase a zipper cleaner and lubricant for use on wet and dry suits.
2. Unzip the zipper and brush generous amounts of the solution onto the zipper.
3. Wipe off any excess cleaner. You should see a difference in the color of the zipper as particles and dirt are cleaned off.
4. Zip and unzip the zipper a few times so the cleaner and lubricant is evenly distributed.
5. Apply a multi-dive lubricant if you dive in a variety of conditions. This product should be applied sparingly, like chap stick, onto the teeth of the outer zipper.